Thanksgiving is a great time of year to visit far-flung family. However, travelling to see them during the holiday rush can be a big hassle. AAA estimates that nearly half of all Americans will travel more than 50 miles from home for Thanksgiving. Here are a few Thanksgiving travel tips to help you along the way.
- Stay positive. Whether you’re flying or driving, keep in mind that everyone else is going somewhere, too. Be courteous, be patient, and stay positive.
- Stay charged. Make sure all your devices are fully charged when you hit the road. Bring along portable chargers for when you don’t have access to an outlet.
- Pack lightly. Overpacking can cause big problems, especially if you’re flying. If you pack light enough you can avoid checked baggage fees.
- Bring food. You want to stay energized for your trip. Pack high-energy, healthy snacks and you won’t have to overpay for overpriced junk food along the way.
- Leave early. If you’re driving, avoid leaving during rush hour. Try to leave early in the morning or later in the evening to skip out on most of the traffic.
- Use travel apps. There are numerous apps that can help save time, money, and stress, whether you’re flying or driving. Apps like GasBuddy, Waze, and others will come in handy.
What are your tips for travelling during Thanksgiving?